X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDRI Backgrounds

Hi Guys,

I Have a quick question (I think)

Not long ago I started to Play with HDRI lighting..and right now I DONT WANT ANYTHING ELSE when lighting

But what happens is..everytime i use an HDRI to light my scenes the HDR image shows in the background...is there anyway to avoid this (I mean not having HDRI in the background but still use it to light the scene?

The work around for this right now that i found is to composite it l8r in Combustion...but im sure there must be an easier way...

Ok, one other question...from what i read so far (which is not that much) I understood that HDRI r more suitable when we want to light exterior scenes...is the right?

Thx

Nildo

use the HDRI map in the vray skylight slot, not in the max environmet

Comment

For the second question, as far as I discovered, the rendered result with an hdri map (speed/quality with the given settings) is strongly depends on the number of the lights contained the map.
      More lightsources (indoor) -> more accurate GI-settings you need -> slower
      Less lightsources (outdoor - sun) -> quess what...

btw Someone could propound it exactly...

Best regards,

Palee

Comment

hey thx guys...

u made my day!!

Nildo

Comment

where is the Vray skylight slot?

TIA

Arkitec

Comment

in the render dialog. under the enviornment tab section.

Comment

under environment tab -> GI environment (skylight)

Comment

If you don't know about it yet, there is a site vray.info for basics like these.

Look for the environment rollout in th4e render settings dialogue to find the slot your looking for. Don't forget to look at the reflection/ refraction slot under skylight. It is very important for nice HDR specular. One other thing, there's an Environment slot in the VRayMat that serves as a local version of the same slot I just mentioned.

--Jon

Comment

is lighting with the hdr map pretty simple, just plug it into the skylight slot and render with an exterior light, or is there more to that.

where do you get these maps at for lighting exterior seens nildoe?

Thanks!

Comment

hamilton..follow this link to some tutorials on how to use HDRI...

http://www.evermotion.org/gifts.htm

http://www.debevec.org

http://www.wiredchild.net/hdri/

nildo

Comment

great, thanks nildoe!

Comment

Working...
                      X