Vray 2.0 Beta - how mature? and how easy to revert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 2.0 Beta - how mature? and how easy to revert

Two questions about the beta that becomes available to upgraders on Nov 8.

1. How mature is it? Did it just pop out of alpha? Or is this been through the mill a few times? I guess I want to know if it's fairly stable/

2. If we have problems with the 2.0 Beta, how easy is it to roll back to 1.5? Can both renderers co-exist and just be switched with max? Or do we have to uninstall/reinstall vray?

There are people who have used the internal builds for quite some time and helped to debug and fix the various issues.

In most cases you should be able to open and render scenes fine with V-Ray 1.5, except if you use one of the new materials/textures etc.

The two renderers cannot be loaded both at the same time; re-installing can be avoided if you install them in different folders and then just change the plugin.ini file.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks. Sounds good.

Comment

K so we got backwards compability, how about just rendering in 2.0 can we do it? or we will have big water mark and so on ?
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Is the V-Ray RT GPU recognizing gamma 2.2?

Comment

Yes. As far as color mapping goes, it works exactly the same as V-Ray RT CPU, as the color mapping itself is done on the CPU when the image is displayed.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Em what plugin.ini do I have to change/save?
              CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

I would also like to know how to install both versions ? Do I choose a different folder for all install parts of vray or just the plugin install ? What do I do to the plugin.ini file ?
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                X