Vray lens Effect Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray lens Effect Help

from reading the help files i see the Lens Effect is better to be used with Linear Multiply colour mapping.Does this actually mean if u use another type of Colour mapping you wont get the correct effect. I have played around with lighting a chandelier and if i boost the glare and bloom controls i find it starts blurring the chandelier also.

I use Reinhard with a burn value of 0.05 and have been struggling to get the effect working correctly. I changed to Reinhard burn value of 1 and all of a sudden it started to really look nice with the glare and bloom.

Anyone got any idea or help with regards to trying to use the Lens Effect with Reinhard on a low burn value

Can you use Render Elements for the Lens Effect as a separate pass.

here some examples - Crystal material is very rough for quick render
    Attached Files

Comment

If you set the Burn value to 1, then you are essentially using linear color mapping so that's why the lens effect works ok.

Right now if you want to do any color mapping, you will have to do it after the glare/bloom have been applied, e.g. in the V-Ray VFB using the curve control, or in a post-processing application like PhotoShop.

I've made a note to correct this, so that the effect works properly regardless of the color mapping for Beta 2.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado...Out of interest do you have any idea of when Beta 2 may be sorted...Are we a few weeks away or closer.

Thanks for the speedy help

Comment

Should be at the end of the next week.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

So this is done now for the next beta, but only for the V-Ray VFB - can't do much about the 3ds Max one.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X