Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another vray lens effect question.

Hi there,

is it possible to limit the lens effect on specific material id´s and/or specific lights ?

as for example i just want to apply a different bloom effect on specific materials ?

Best regards

Björn
    Last edited by Björn Radler; 10-11-2010, 10:48 AM.
    visit my behance profile

anyone ?
    visit my behance profile

Comment

i dont know the full answer but from using the lens effect i dont see how u can...

any answers ?

Comment

infact i think the only way is to have different intensity values for individual lights

Comment

right now it seems like it...but beneath this new feature is really amazing it would be nice to add id control to it if its possible.
          visit my behance profile

Comment

Quick question, are the lens effects applied after rendering (like in fryrender or maxwell) or are they burned in the render?
            Martin
            http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Further more (if these effects are applied ex post), how can these be used in animation? I didnt see any batch options on the image in the help section
              Martin

Comment

In 3ds Max, render effects are applied after the frame rendering is complete, as a post effect. Once they are applied, they are burned into the image before it is saved to disk. While you are still in 3ds Max, there is some possibility to interactively adjust the effect in the 3ds Max VFB.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

and what about the possibity to limit the effect on specific ids, mats etc ? so we can use mutiple lens effects with different glares etc ? still no answer
                  visit my behance profile

Comment

It is currently not possible; but I'll see if we can cram something in before the release.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

That would be nice and it´ll improve the flexibility of this effect alot.

Best regards

Björn
                      visit my behance profile

Comment

OK Vlado, thank you for your reply.
                        However how is this carried out in animations? lets say i want to have contorl over the effects during animation.
                        In fact....as i imagine, the obstacle bitmaps are black/white images that obscure the glow effects....but what if the scene moves? how do we apply the changing/moving obstacle map in the animation?

As i said, i dont have vray 2.0 yet, so could not lay my fingers on this ...

anyway...do you think that in the future, these render effect could employ some sort of batch features? something like in the Richard Rosenmanns DOF Pro?
                        Martin

Comment

Can the lens effects be written out as a separate pass?
                          www.hofer-krol.de
                          Visualization | Animation | Compositing

Comment

In Beta 2 - yes

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Working...
                            X