Vray Light meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Light meter

Why do I get values of 508. and 539 for "day light factor" with light meter when no lights are "on" in the scene, and they are all hidden and there is no Vray sun sky, the ambient colour is 0,0,0 and indirect illumination is off.

Raj

err errmm the red led power light on your camera?
    Yes good question
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

also found that the "direct light" reading is usually zero no matter what I do with vray light and I get the wierd error "could not save bake elemet: BMM device not found"

Comment

Originally posted by rajdarge View Post
        also found that the "direct light" reading is usually zero no matter what I do with vray light
        This works fine for me. Can you get me a scene where it does not to vlado@chaosgroup.com?

and I get the wierd error "could not save bake elemet: BMM device not found"
        This is somewhat normal; it does not affect the operation of the light meter.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

oK I still get the daylight factor problems but
          the Light meter was flipped 180 away from light. It is very difficult to tell the orientation of the light meter in the viewport.
          Please put something on the helper so you can tell which way its oriented (like the vray light).
          The orientation does not display anything until you press calculate. Until that moment the light meter is just a plane with no direction visible.
          If you click the orientation button it only displays points to the strongest light source. If it pointed away there is no way to tell . If you do a calculate, it gives 0.0 etc and displays nothing in terms of orientation.

Raj
          Last edited by rajdarge; 19-11-2010, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions; the day light factor is now fixed for Beta 3; will see what can be done about the orientation - is a single arrow like the VRayLight enough?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

the arrow is ideal.

Comment

Working...
              X