BerconMetaBalls and Vray 2.0 beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BerconMetaBalls and Vray 2.0 beta

It seems that BerconMetaBalls (v1.14) does not work with Vray 2.0 beta...

I get this message:

error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Preparing ray server Last marker is at ./src/vrayrenderer.cpp.line 2117: Preparing ray server

It will have to be recompiled for V-Ray 2.0 as the V-Ray SDK has changed and is not compatible with the V-Ray 1.5 SDK. Will see what can be done about this.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It would be great to have this. In fact, it wouldn't hurt for Chaos to do a deal with Jerry and have it packaged with Vray - it's not something many renderers have and it is hugely useful.
      On another note, any news about Phoenix compatibility? My Phoenix is forciebly retired at the moment.
      B
      Check my blog

Comment

Originally posted by BBB3 View Post
        It would be great to have this. In fact, it wouldn't hurt for Chaos to do a deal with Jerry and have it packaged with Vray - it's not something many renderers have and it is hugely useful.
        In fact, there were some talks in that regard, but we didn't reach a final agreement. BerconMetaballs is open source now, so ideally anyone can get it.

On another note, any news about Phoenix compatibility? My Phoenix is forciebly retired at the moment.
        We do have Phoenix builds internally for V-Ray 2.0, will see what can be done about it.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

+1 for official chaosgroup berconballs

Comment

+1 for sure. Especially if it works with mo-blur

b
            Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
            e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

+1

Implementation of berconmetaballs and berconmaps would be a smart move, makes it easier to manage render nodes and manage of plugins.

Comment

And don't forget BerconMetaBallTexture!

Comment

Here you go, the latest source codes: http://www.ylilammi.com/BerconMetaba..._2010_11_22.7z

EDIT: The compilled plugins in the zip above are for 1.5. Somebody has to compile the plugin for 2.0 using the source codes included.

You just need vray sdk and max sdk to compile. I don't know if there are any major sdk changes in vray 2.0 which would require modifications to the sources.

- Jerry
                  Last edited by MasterBercon; 22-11-2010, 08:43 AM.
                  http://www.ylilammi.com/

Comment

vlado, or anyone else that knows how to, would you mind compiling jerrys latest berconmetaballs build for vray 2.0 ?

Comment

Yep, will try to do that a bit later.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

...and maybe ask Mackevision and Dimo very nicely for VrayISO source so you can recompile that too?
                        Maxscript made easy....
                        davewortley.wordpress.com
                        Follow me here:
                        facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

+1 for all the recompiles.
                          http://henrikbclausen.com

Comment

Working...
                          X