Vray 2.0 + Happy Digital Autograss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 2.0 + Happy Digital Autograss

I saw a recent thread under the announcement section of people complaining about Autograss not working for Vray 2.0 and failing to receive a response from them. I have a great news, I receive a reply and they are going to support Vray 2.0 and beyond. They are working on new build right now.

I didn't get an exact date but one would expect around the launch time of the full 2.0 release. So keep supporting Happy Digital if you want the best grass plugin ever.

out of the blue best grass plugin ever...you must be out of your mind!
    ...if they were serious developers, and if they cared about their customers, they would send an apology letter first and they would notify all through mail about their "fixes"
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

must admit autograss never struck me as the best grass plugin either, but it can be me though..

Comment

Save us Jeebus! The Autograss thread is spreading.

Comment

Hmm, maybe you guys have had issues with it that I didn't encounter? But from what I've used it for it did exactly as I expected with better than expected render times. That's not the case for you?

Comment

when it works it works great. I think their licensing had the issues.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

have you ever tried making various sizes of footbal pitches with painted lines in one scene...multiple autograss objects, using chanels to paint onto grass, copying autograss objects, lost mapping coordinates...guessing the painted lines positions through rendering???

proper HELL! it simply doesnt work if you want to do something more complex than just applying grass to the plane object

one click wonder works

try to do more than one click though!

I had so many missed deadline because of it being buggy (licences)!!!! I am mad at them...and i think that for the money spent (standalone + 2x pack of licences) i deserve something better than just silence from the developer!
              Martin
              http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

I've got to pile on to this one, not only is it unstable on anything more than one object it's slow as hell and the grass its self is average at best. I regret purchasing it and I won't be getting the update unless it's free and only if there are major improvements in quality, performance and stability.

Comment

I don't see how bashing the product is doing anything productive.

Comment

Maybe it will stop some people from making a big mistake and buying it. If the developer wanted to make things right they'd fix everything wrong with it and give everyone that was suckered into buying it a free upgrade.

Comment

How is it a big mistake? It advertises what it does so I don't see how there is any suckering involved. Developing a product is not as easy as you might think and most developers can't simply focus on one single product to make a living.

Comment

Originally posted by l.a. akira View Post
                        Developing a product is not as easy as you might think and most developers can't simply focus on one single product to make a living.
                        Yah sure, I'm sure my boss will simply love this argument as an explanation why he spent money for nothing
                        Kind Regards,
                        Morne

Comment

Originally posted by l.a. akira View Post
                          I don't see how bashing the product is doing anything productive.
                          this is not bashing. it's giving an honest opinion, based on first hand experience, about the product mentioned in this thread. productive or not, this is how it works.

Comment

I don't have Autograss, but I for one.... encourage bashing. It's not about whether there are bugs --- all software has bugs. It's about support (and licensing). If a developer does not communicate well, and can't fix urgent problems (like licensing) then there is a serious problem and quite frankly they shouldn't be a developer. Or they can be a developer -- but no one should pay them.

There are good companies and bad companies. Since I've considered purchasing Autograss, I appreciate hearing people's real-life experiences with it so I know which is which.

Comment

Working...
                            X