vray help 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray help 2.0

I am reading the vray help right now and first of all great we have a updated help.
    BUT it is hard to find the new features. all the red dots indicates new features but it would have been nice if the new features would have been labeled with red dots too!

and it's a little frustrating to read sentences like:
    V-Ray does not have a separate skylight system. The skylight effect can be achieved by setting the background color or environment map in the 3ds Max environment dialog, or in V-Ray's own Environment rollout.

ehm... since when is the vraysky/vraysun implemented?

it seems the vray doc is not matching the power of vray because it's always a step behind the actual version... that's sad.

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Originally posted by themaxxer View Post
    V-Ray does not have a separate skylight system. The skylight effect can be achieved by setting the background color or environment map in the 3ds Max environment dialog, or in V-Ray's own Environment rollout.

ehm... since when is the vraysky/vraysun implemented?
    This particular part was supposed to mean that there isn't an exact V-Ray equivalent to the 3ds Max standard "Skylight" light type; it has nothing to do with the V-Ray sun and sky. I can see where it can be confusing though

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

just my 2 cents....no offence please!

so many vray features seem to be "hidden"....for example this fullfloat / halffloat thing accesible only through script

i know it must be really pain in the butt to write a good help system that really helps....seems that sometimes the sentences in the helps files are not really explanatory but only informational.
      Martin
      http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
        so many vray features seem to be "hidden"....for example this fullfloat / halffloat thing accesible only through script
        This particular option is now visible in V-Ray 2.0 when you click the "Browse" button to select an .exr file.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X