Different render results betveen 1.5 and Vray 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different render results betveen 1.5 and Vray 2.0

Hi, I have a problem I installed vray 2.0 a try to render but the results are different with vray 1.5 a set all setting to be same but the render is different (i have also installed phoenix 1.2) Im using max 2011 x64. Dont you know what is wrong? Render and also speed is worst in new vray

Click image for larger version

Name:	head.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	872455

The speed is different because the render results are different; as to why they are different, I am not sure. If you send me the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com, I will be able to tell you more.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You should have it

Comment

For those who read this thread, the problem with different renders is resolved in build 2.002 (thanks for speed support to Vlado) there was some bug with lights. The difference in render speed is beacuse the render from Vray 1.5 was rendered in 32bit max and the Vray 2.0 render in 64bit max, and 64bit max is slower when the proxies are enabled. Here is the workflow to disable it from Vlado (go to the Common tab of the Render Setup dialog, click on the "Setup..." button in the "Bitmap performance and Memory Options", and turn off the "Page Large Images to Disk" option. Then save the scene, restart 3ds Max and re-open the scene.) And it realy helps a lot, now with disabled proxyes the rendering speed is practicaly same as in Vray 1.5 32bit

Thanks a lot Vlado

Comment

Larex39 - Is this in max 2011?
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yes, the images abowe are rendered in 3d max 2011.

Comment

Working...
            X