Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 1.1

Hi Guys
    I've herd that Vray 1.1 is being realesed in a months time.
    Does anyone know what the feature set will be ?
    or is it pretty much the same but ironed ??

Natty
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

I can only speak as a Vray user, but I think that Vray 1.1 is the final stage of the product that are currently in use at beta stage... So i suppose that it would be mostly like the latest version we are using right now...

Gonçalo

Comment

yeah i think your right Gonçalo
      Natty

Comment

I thought that i read somewhere that version 1.1 would have it's own VFB, with extended post-rendering features, something like an interactive irradiance map?

Maybe i just dreamt of it? Hopefully not!
        Ben Steinert
        pb2ae.com

Comment

it's got handles too
          www.blindleader.tk

Comment

Will any of you be a Siggraph? From what I hear... many of those questions will be answered there... Only 10 short days away...

Comment

I wish
              Natty

Comment

Any news on version 1.1? What's new?

Comment

maybe a little Siggraph bumb?
                  just curious...

Comment

this are quotes from the cgarchitect forum:

I'm going to be meeting with Peter from vray in a few hours so stay tuned for some upcoming info. It sounds like a new release will be coming soon!
                    Yes they are implementing templated materials like thise new physically based ones that exist in the new MAX6. They have also made some changes to the architecture so that Vray will be able to handle very large architectural files. In the past some file needed to be split up and then comped back together again in post. This was a memory problem when most of the RAM was consumed just by opening the file in MAX.

There are a few other features, but he was keepign them secret for a few more days. They should annouce everything officially in the next week.

I'm not sure this is new, but they are also developig a standalone muliti-platform version of vray as well that will work with most of the major rendering packages.
                    full thread:
                    http://www.cgarchitect.com/ubb/ultim...;f=40;t=000008
                    Marc Lorenz
                    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                    www.marclorenz.com
                    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

thx!

really curious... Vray gets real competition with mental ray in max...
                      we'll see what the chaos group has hacked out!
                      aura looks quite amazing guys! will we get real control over the sss in the clouds with Vray?
                      just curious...

Comment

competing? well. not sure how it is now. but i remember mental ray for max was utter crap back when i used to use it.

---------------------------------------------------
                        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

thats right... the connection between the two was horrible.

This is different this time. mental ray is fully integrated into max and the standart renderer by default. the interface is much better and you have full control over all materials and setting.
                          A good connection to a high end Renderer that comes max...

i think this is real competition.

Comment

except when you need to render on more than one system at a time. Rendernodes for MR cost a small fortune per processor, for VRay they are free.
                            Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

High polygon scences

I am currently working on a large project. I have been taking advantage of the instancaite in vray. Im currently up to 13 million polygons. Im amazed by Vray and its capabilites. I previously used Electric Image which is the king of polygon counts, but i have to say even EI would struggle to render this size polygon count without compositing seperately.

TonyM
                              Tony MacDonald
                              Arterra Interactive

Comment

Working...
                              X