Lighting Tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting Tutorials

I'm currently working on a cpl vray tutorials, really just some lighting and design stuff since that's my best area and was wondering if anyone in particular wanted any kind of specific tutorial.

OR, if your coming here from using the Brazil r/s and have used the brazil tutorials before, I'm also working on acclimating them to use in vray and documenting how I did that, seeing as how some of those tutorials deal with interior and exterior lighting as well.

well, if anyone has any suggestions for one or just plain support to goad me into finishing them, lemme know.

Psy

p.s. this was originally gonna go into the tute forum, but thats meant for finished tutes and stuff, so i figured it was best off in here since this is the general area. so plz dont yell at me 'da_elf'
    5 years and counting.

Go for it...would be interested to see how others approach lighting with VRay.
    sigpic

Vu Nguyen
    -------------------------
    www.loftanimation.com.au

Comment

i wont yell you

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

tutorialsssss

this is a wonderful idea ...

personally i wont like a nice interior tutorial ,say a living room or a bedroom with light coming in from a window and lighting up the space...
        jsut mi wish ...hopefully christmas will come earlier this season

Comment

dejaVu, i learnt from you originally, but your method failed me in some cases, so i learnt some more from flipside and goncalop and make my own method which is a mixture of all 3.

sadly, i never really got into photon mapping altho it does make pretty sparkly pictures in the first cpl steps.

as for you kippu, you'll get what you asked for, i'll make a lil living room or bedroom for the tute then and i'll provide the scene as well, since whats the point of learning if you can't work directly with what your learning.

many thx to you dejaVu, goncalop and flipside.

oh and to bolteon as well, because it was his displacement tutorial that inspired all this.
          5 years and counting.

Comment

Wow that's the second time I'm being mentioned in some rewarding posts, and I'm even only using the demo! I'm honoured! (and it's my birthday today )
            Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Happy Birthday Flipside
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

happy birthday flipside!!!
                5 years and counting.

Comment

Happy Birthday!! How young are you today

-dave
                  Cheers,
                  -dave
                  â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Hippo Birdy two ews Flipside

Psy: I doing a large interior at the moment, because there are so many lights the render really start slowing down. I'm doing tests using all Vray Mat'ls (Hightlight only for some._Blur plug) Vray Lights with store with Irradiance & Global photon mapping. this seams to be the best setup I can get sofar. I'd like to hear what you have to say about VERY large scenes, how to setup mat'ls & lighting.

Comment

hehe, thanks all! (dave, 24 already... )
                      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

happy birthday.....its my birthday as well.....except I'm 13 years + on flipside

Comment

Hey happy birthday to you too!

Comment

So...Happy birthday to both

Gonçalo

Comment

ok, got me some time today, sat down and made a semi halfway decent looking room. really need to fix some mats, altho i sorta like the dirty look they give to the scene.

so ppl, will this work well for teaching or should i try again?

If this is fine, then I'll start documenting how its lit. The GI solution is rather sucky, but for now it'll do.
                              5 years and counting.

Comment

Working...
                              X