Clear All

• Vray light 2.0

Any plans to allow for transparent projection maps in a vray light:

Click image for larger version

Name:	testRender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	872502

if you look at the picture attached - the projection map with the black corners is the light, and that one with the the proper transparency is a plane object with a vraylightmtl applied. Using an EXR as a projection map leads to unpredictable results.

Raj

If you are using the bitmap loader to place your texture on the light select the "alpha from image intensity" function from the Output rollout. That will alpha out the light the way you want.

If you are using VrayHDRi or something like that then just nest in an Output shader and do the same thing.

/b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

thanks elegant solution really. Do you know why HDR files cause funny results (like overbrightness)
      Fiddling with the meshlight option,

Vraylight is applied as a ?spacewarp?

can you get maxscript access to the baseobject to change dimensions etc of procedural objects without interrogating the original mesh?
      Raj

Comment

Exr brightness issues could be gamma related. Make sure they are set to 1.0 and all *should* be consistent.

I have no idea about the scripting question.

B
        Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
        e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Originally posted by rajdarge View Post
          Vraylight is applied as a ?spacewarp?
          Nope, the light has nothing to do with space warps - it is a light object.

can you get maxscript access to the baseobject to change dimensions etc of procedural objects without interrogating the original mesh?
          Yes, you can use the "Shape_mesh" property of the VRayLight to access the base object.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X