V-Ray 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 2.0

Okay... should I upgrade? I already got approval, but the idea of getting my plug-ins to work pains me. Is it worth it? Would you go back? I really haven't heard talk, good or bad, once it came out. The buzz was all over the place when the beta was announced, but once it went live I haven't heard much movement.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

It's really up to you!

We've been running it absolutely fine since the first beta release. There are a few niggles but vlado has been on top of the major ones. Although, we don't rely on many 3rd party plugins so if you do, then it may be worth checking compatability first.

It's a stable release & personally, I like to stay on top of the new features but it's not magic, i.e: it's not going to make your images any better or worse overnight.
    MDI Digital
    moonjam

Comment

Same as AJ really. I dont use plugins apart from Multiscatter and growfx. Multiscatter works with vray 2.0 albeit crashing in max 2011. Apart from a few issues that need to be sorted (sure they will be sorted with next release), Vray is fine for me.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

GB, congrats on the Evermotion homepage!

Comment

Thanks Jeff!
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

How does it work with Windows 7?

Comment

how does it work with AMD many core systems like 4 sockets mobos and mucho cores ?? because 1.5 is NOT working properly and due this issue i swiched to MR .....

Comment

Originally posted by Janosik View Post
                how does it work with AMD many core systems like 4 sockets mobos and mucho cores ?? because 1.5 is NOT working properly and due this issue i swiched to MR .....
                Does anybody else have similar experiences?
                Kind Regards,
                Morne

Comment

Actually I seem to remember an issue with a multi-processor AMD machine with many cores. At the time I could not pinpoint anything in particular as being the problem, just a general slowness. Intel machines did not appear to suffer from similar issues, so I dropped this after a while. Unfortunately we don't have such a configuration to test here...

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Last edited by vlado; 05-01-2011, 07:11 AM.
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i got machine but i dont get new vray 2.0 coz dont have any money to spend ....

Comment

Working...
                    X