Grass creating a green tint to everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass creating a green tint to everything

The grass in my scene is causing all of the other materials, especially my white exterior walls, to have too much of a green tint to it. What setting would I change to lessen this effect of the grass?

- Render Setup / Vray Indirect Illumination (GI) / Post-processing / Saturation
    global reduse GI Saturation.
    or you can use a VrayOverrideMtl Material for the Grass.

Comment

To clarify scheinbarreal in more detail for you

scheinbarreal;451463]- Render Setup / Vray Indirect Illumination (GI) / Post-processing / Saturation
      global reduse GI Saturation.

This is a good method although remember it affects ALL GI colour/saturation in the scene

or you can use a VrayOverrideMtl Material for the Grass.

This is the best way to go as it only affects the grass GI colour & not the whole scene

Hope this helps

Comment

Hi
        Couldn't you just select the grass and go to vray properties and uncheck generate GI?

Comment

Originally posted by STUDIO_ARCHITECTS View Post
          Hi
          Couldn't you just select the grass and go to vray properties and uncheck generate GI?
          I wouldn't do that becasue then you wont get any light bounce up other objects
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Making an override material fixes my green glow problem, but is there a way to make it so that it shows in reflections but doesn't have as severe of a green glow on the rest of the objects in the scene? Can it be done with an override material? I have attached two images, one with the glow, one without. But I still want the green to reflect in the glass.
            Attached Files

Comment

Well to be fair that material is not really representative of grass. It looks far too bright which is why it is too strong indirectly in reflections and GI.

I also think the glossy roof is also reflecting the grass quite a bit which is even further exaggerating it. Try a more grassy type of colour and see if that helps.
              Maya 2020/2022
              Win 10x64
              Vray 5

Comment

I have rendered it with actual grass materials. I just put in this green for a quick render to post. I have tried different materials for the roof and columns with no reflectivity but they still glow very green.

Comment

if you are using the override material correctly (as in simply replacing the gi material with something less green) then it should have no effect at all on the reflections, which should still show the original material.

i think if you use the override method, you should have -complete-control over your result. gi too green? put a less green material in the gi slot.. reflections not green enough? put a more green material in the reflection material slot.

looking at your tests though, it looks like you are getting a combination of reflected green gi and also green reflections from the grass.. the combination is quite strong.

the other test with no green gi.. im not sure why the reflections have gone? unless you put the same desaturated material in your reflection slot too.

Comment

Thanks!! I finally got my desired effect. Thanks for your in depth answer. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X