Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testimonies about render farm

Hi,
    I plan to use the services of render farm (like rebusfarm or ranchcomputing) and I'd like to hear your testimonies, your tips, your opinions on the matter etc etc ... in order to get a clear idea of all that that implies.
    Can you enlight me, please ?
    Thanks a lot !
    (Sorry for my bad english)

I like ranchcomputing and have worked with them numerous times for tight deadlines. Fred and Julien are great to work with. I've heard raving reviews about Rebusfarm as well, but haven't tried them personally.
    Colin Senner

Comment

ive had great experiences using Rendernation.. uk based.. 200 and something dual quads.. they are pretty savvy with vray, generally u just send them the file with the settings you want, and they do all the gi prepasses etc for you, then set up the scene to do the final frames.. even pointed out a couple of whacky settings id missed a few times ..

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
        ive had great experiences using Rendernation.. uk based.. 200 and something dual quads.. they are pretty savvy with vray, generally u just send them the file with the settings you want, and they do all the gi prepasses etc for you, then set up the scene to do the final frames.. even pointed out a couple of whacky settings id missed a few times ..
        I agree, the guys are very helpful, and I think reasonable in cost. Quick turnaround, and nice FTP solution for passing files.

Comment

Thanks you for your replies.
          I will see if I will have the job !
          (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

I can also render animations for you if you don't need to render a feature film in 4K.
            I have 10 Core I7 and several quads with 12 GB RAM, 64 Bit.
            Prices per frame are 25 Cent for PAL, 50 Cent for 720P and 1 Euro for FullHD resolution.
            You can download the finished frames from my FTP.

kind regards,
            tammo
            Reflect, repent and reboot.
            Order shall return.

Comment

you offer a price independent of rendertimes?!? careful with that!

Comment

Yes i know thats unusual.
                The problem was that customers always asked how much the rendering will be before the projects even started.
                So there was no way to figure out how long a frame will take to render and you need to know that for the usual "GHZ per hour" quotes.
                Thats why i switched to a price per frame dependent on resolution.
                Reflect, repent and reboot.
                Order shall return.

Comment

We've used Rebus on a couple of projects recently due to recommendations on this forum - very impressed, especially by the integrated render submission & scene checking tools.
                  MDI Digital
                  moonjam

Comment

I use Rebus from time to time. Very easy to use, fast as hell, and good price. That said, i always get issues when using hdri to light my scenes. When using vray sun/sky the renders from Rebus look exactly like the ones on my workstation, but with hdris they always turn out waaaay too bright and take waaay too much time to render. The guys at Rebus have been cool about this and given me refunds etc, but its still annoing that it doesnt work. Im still on MAX 9 and maybe thats the problem, not sure. I havent heard of anyone else with the same problem either so perhaps its all on my end.

Comment

Working...
                    X