VrayDirt in animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayDirt in animation

When using Vray Dirt in object animation, is there anything special i have to think about? Do i have to key any parameter?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

I don't think so... why should you need to key anything?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for quick reply. procedurals in general in Max have to be keyed or else they will be animated right? Or perhaps i´m wrong

Comment

Hm, I probably don't understand what you are saying :-/ Why should they be keyed? Which parameter(s) in particular? I thought that things are animated only if they actually had keyframes.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris-C View Post
          Thanks for quick reply. procedurals in general in Max have to be keyed or else they will be animated right? Or perhaps i´m wrong
          Are you refering to a Procedural NOISE map ????? That you have put in the Vray Dirt Map slot??????

If yes then you don't have to worry as procedural maps are usualy NOT animated unless you make them that way. Max noise map is not animated by default.

Hope this helps

Comment

You don't need to animate any parameter that you don't want animated. You don't have to set "dummy keys" for anything just to get it to work.

Comment

Chris-C
              I think you do not need to set keys for procedural materials unless you are animating the map.
              I might be over analyzing this so feel free to discard the info below.

If you are getting odd movement when animating an object not the texture.
              You might need to check your mapping coordinate type: WorldXYZ, ObjectXYZ, or Explicit Map Channel.
              The map might not be moving with the object.
              - Tim Higgins
              Life is good.

Comment

Ah thanks a lot guys I was was a bit confused ^^

Chris
                Last edited by Chris-C; 23-03-2011, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X