DR and 64/32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR and 64/32

just a quick request cos i couldnt find this written anywhere and dont want to waste setup time otherwise.

have a relatively peppy laptop here i was thinking of using DR on.. even if it only gives me 10% more juice its still worth it.. however it is a macbook with xp32 on it via bootcamp.

i know in Backburner you cant send jobs to a mix of 64 and 32 bit machines..

is the same true for dist. rendering?

if it is then i wont bother installing max on the lappy.

In backburner you CAN.. you need to select if you are sending it to the 32 or 64... but you sure can
    In DR.. you can as well. We do not have that many machines on 32 anymore, but like 2 years ago, I was able to do it on a mix farm of 32/64...
    Alain Blanchette
    www.pixistudio.com

Comment

its fine for DR obviously if you're scene requires less than 3GB ram, otherwise the 32bit machines will just fall over
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

i know you can send in backburner to 32 bit machines from a 64 bit one, but you cant mix versions. it will open 32 bit max on all machines irrespective of their -bitness.. obviously with DR you would be rendering in 64 bit on your host machine (unless you deliberately opened the 32 bit version.. i dont even have it installed) this is why i was wondering if sending buckets to a machine running 32 bit max would cause problems..

Comment

no it wont, unless you need more than 3GB Ram for the scene, in which case the 32 bit machines wont render (they'll try, but fail)
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

ok thanks thats all i needed to know.

Comment

Working...
            X