occluded pass render element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• occluded pass render element

I have question, is now in Vray possible, when rendering with mate object render also occluded pass with this object? If not it will be cool to implement this pass in Vray. Im using this pass in krakatoa renderer (which have this render element) and it is very usefull when you want for example render character from which you are generating particles or fire or etc.. and you render character alone, next you render fire pass with matte object (the character) and ocludded pass (the fire behind matte object) and then in comp you put together all your passes and you dont need to render thing two times

is what you are looking for the same as turning off 'visible to camera' in the object properties? if so, i don't know of a way to do this in a single render pass as you describe

Comment

no it is not like this,try to imagine you have box, and in front of box and behind box you have smoke. And you want for some reason from box to apear with animating her alpha from down to up. Now if you want to composite it, you must render it two times, one time without box (to have all smoke also behind box), second time with box as mate object ho have smoke pass in from of box, and between this passes you put animation of box with alpha. the problem is that if you have huge setup rendedering 2times is very time consuming, and it can be done wehave one pass or mateobject enhancements which can render thinks whic are occluding. If I have it I can render it like this: first render element box with prober matte material - i have pass of smoke which is in front of box, second render element (which it will be good to develop)- occluded pass by matte material of box, and when i comp only this pass together i have proper beauty pass of smoke, so a can put between this pass some apearing of box and everithing is great. This setup is in krakatoa renderer and it works great, it will realy helps if vray has also this capability.

Comment

Working...
      X