VraySun Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VraySun Models

what's the difference between the 3 models? obviously they give different effects, but why/how?

Below doesn't really explain how each one works.

Sky Model - Allows you to specify the procedural model that will be used to generate the VRaySky texture.

- Preetham et al. - when this mode is selected the VRaySky procedural texture will be generated based on the Preetham et al. method.

- CIE Clear - when this mode is selected the VRaySky procedural texture will be generated based on the CIE method for clear sky.

- CIE Overcast - when this mode is selected the VRaySky procedural texture will be generated based on the CIE method for cloudy sky

- Preetham et al. - This is your classic blue sky although has a tendancy to look hazy & blown-out

- CIE Clear - This method is also your Classic blue sky, but has less atmospheric haze which tends to give more contrast in the sky & a deeper more saturated blue

- CIE Overcast - This method produces a more diffuse & less saturated light that you would get in overcast conditions. It's virtualy grey.
    **NOTE - When using Vray Sun with this setup you will need to increase the Sun size to get really soft shadows that this type of sky would produce.

Hope this helps

Comment

For the overcast you also have to lower your sun's intensity to 0 or something like 0.1 with indeed increased sun size to allow for softer sun shadows due to the diffusion of light sun by the overcast.

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

James,
          I have some videos on my vimeo page of some very basic tests I did of the different sun/sky modes with 1.5 SP4.
          They are very rough tests but interesting to see the different effects

check them out here - http://vimeo.com/7079885
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
          X