• caustics?!?

hi,

new to vray and trying it out
    i tampered with it at a friends house and dont have it
    i wanted to see how caustics worked since i use entropy render
    (discontinued so the company said feel free to download and use at no
    cost)

i made a simple setup with a sphere plane light etc.. added vray, turned
    on caustics, set up light with area, vray shadow etc..
    basically followed all the tutorials out there...
    result, no caustics

i am not a vray user and this friend doesnt use it (i can guess it's not legal
    but i guess whats the harm when the last time he used it was a month ago
    and that was a wine glass )

any help?

Have you tried this thread?
    http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=2651
    If you did and you got no caustics, it probably means that you forgot to set something as it was written in the tutorial... It really SHOULD work.

Edit: Also, download the demo version of VRay and try it with that... (I'm not even trying to ask you what version of VRay your friend has because you most likely don't know, do you?)

Comment

Hmmm...well, there is something in my tut that isn't really explained because it has more to do with materials. But I suppose its influence on caustics is relevant. If you're using a fog color for your glass material (Vray mat, not standard), make sure the multiplier is set low (like 0.1), or the glass will be too dark.

Without seeing your scene, that's about the only advice I can give you right now.

Peace.

Comment

yes i fully understand and here they are. note that i followed the tutorial
        exactly

i brought in my private jet scene and followed the tutorial and here are the
        shots and renderings

that is the original rendering with vray... note glass and how dark it is
        inside

in front of the nose of the plane (the big white cone on left) i made 3
        spheres and 1 torus that has some modified settings to look like knot
        when i rendered the result was....realistic :P

also every time i render i get an error message afterwards. in this render,
        i lowered the light intensity by 90% on that one spotlight and this gives
        more interesting things

i'm not trying to get anyone here mad but i hope people dont mind if i use
        this vray warez to try to see whats wrong. it is done using max 5.1

i use max5.0 edu [legal] at home so transferring the private jet was easy.

thanks for the help

Comment

oh, i do think ppl will mind. esp the powers that be, that run this forum.
          5 years and counting.

Comment

sorry Auto MX but you cant use a Warezed Vray and ask in this Forum for us to help with your problems. everyone in this forum either purchased there copy of vray or downloaded the free version and i surgest you do the same......... when you have done come back and im sure your vray problems will be answered.

by the way ...... you should not advertise that you are using a cracked copy of vray, cos the guys at Chaos can now obtain your ip........if they feel the need.

Natty
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

well im not really afraid because i was just trying it out
              its not as if i use it for anything.

i use entropy for anything i need and it suits me fine with some other free
              plugins

sorry if i offended anyone by trying it out, basically same deal as demo

but i will say that the attitude i got will probably just drive me back to
              brazil free, entropy, and such

and also i do not do this for a job. i am a student and far from being able
              to affoard to just spend my tiny income on a render. it is great i will say
              but too frustrating.

Comment

then you should download the free version ....... whats the problem with that.
                then you will find you will welcoming help from all.

Natty
                Natty

Comment

you know what i will try that

also i discovered and laughed when i found out the vray he has came with
                  a little buddy called the nimda virus. apparently this has caused registry
                  errors and he will have to reinstall windows. lol

and i am downloading vray free right now

Comment

good man .......
                    Natty

Comment

Originally posted by Auto MX
                      you know what i will try that

also i discovered and laughed when i found out the vray he has came with
                      a little buddy called the nimda virus. apparently this has caused registry
                      errors and he will have to reinstall windows. lol

and i am downloading vray free right now
                      lol too sweet

-dave

BTW - post on the brazil forum that your using a warez copy and see how warm a welcome you get
                      Cheers,
                      -dave
                      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

lol yeah, here we just talk. there, brazils lawyers will email u and threaten u like mad.
                        5 years and counting.

Comment

I doubt there is one forum where you will get positive responses when you say you stole their program.
                          Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
                          X