Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render History Settings popup window

Hi there,

When rendering on the farm, using the vray frame buffer to save the images, if the vfb history wasnt set up properly, the following popup shows:

Render history settings
    The path "" does not exist. Would you like to create it?

Since the default handler for mid-render modal windows is pressing "no" or "OK" by our automated tools, this error does not go away. Which would be fine, but it appears that this window pops up for every sample thats being rendered... So we get a couple millions of these popups per render

Is there a way to make the "No" option stick for the current frame?

Which V-Ray version is this? In any case, if you set up the VFB history once, it won't show the pop-ups again.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Which V-Ray version is this? In any case, if you set up the VFB history once, it won't show the pop-ups again.
      It's happening i believe since 1.5+. We are on a build from 1-2 weeks ago, it does it in that one as well.

The problem is that this is happening on the rendernodes, which are not used as workstations and there are a couple hundred of them I'm sure we can figure out a programmed method to mass configure them to set up the history, but its odd that the error is popped for every single sample thats being rendered.

Comment

Ok, will take a look. The settings are written to a file called "vrayvfb.ini" in the 3ds Max plugcfg folder, which is somewhere in the Windows application data folder for the current user.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

So this should be solved for the next night build.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Thanks Vlado!

The strange thing is, is that we have the vrayvfb.ini synced to all machines (rendernodes included). Its in the regular program files / autodesk / max / plugcfg folder however, as we have max set to not use the per user configuration. If i render an image in workstation mode, the popup doesn't appear. If i render it in slave mode, it does... Weird? I think so

In any case, looking forward to the new nightly build, your fast response time is much appreciated man!

cheers,
            laszlo

Comment

Working...
            X