vertical lines - problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vertical lines - problems

does someone know if there´s a script to make sure that the vertical lines stay vertical in the cam. fR has a architectural cam for that.

it´s not a pure vray topic, but i have to solve this problem very quickly.

thanks....

two things you can do...
    look for a script called Technical Camera in Scriptspot....
    or use a taper modifier on your camera....it's the same thing.

Comment

thats always bugged me to ..........thanks cpnichols.

Natty
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

never saw that modifier...thanks !

Comment

Or use Vray cameras in the render settings, camera rollout

Comment

Or use Vray cameras in the render settings, camera rollout
            hehe, would be nice....but which cam ? none of them are right for it[/quote]

Comment

???

I used cylindrical point cam for vertical lines, and it works fine!

Maybe we don't speak of the same "verticality"

Comment

make sure your camera and target are perfectly horizontal and your verticals wil be vertical
                Digital Progression

Comment

speaking of scripts

Speaking of scripts does anyone know of script that can take objects...lets say cars and populate them along a spline with different speeds and offsets from that spline....this would be ideal for doing traffic on freeways.

ST
                  Indecisive archictects will be the death of us all.

Comment

try using the
                    "Camera Correction Modifier"
                    this available only trough the quad menu.

select a camera then rightclick-->default quad menu

I am using VIZ 4, not sure if this feature is available in MAX.

thanks

Comment

The camera correction modifier is not in MAX by default (contrary to VIZ). It's only available through the subscription program and it's built within the design extension.
                      It works basically the same way as the technical camera.

Comment

There is also a post method.

Follow the link "Architectural Shots Made Easy" on this site:

http://www.webphotoschool.com/newschool/Default.asp

--Jon

Comment

thanks for the replies. i now use the technical cam script. it works perfect. you just have to turn off the max comp. shade blah blah.

i know that i normaly get vertical lines when the camera and the target is in one line. but i need to look up AND want straight lines. for that i needed this special cam. when i´m finished i can show some pictures, then it´s clear.

Comment

Warning...

Keep in mind that using a perspective "correction" method actually is false according to how your eye works. What can happen is that on tall buildings, the top of the building looks fat, because it is further away but still looks the same width. This always annoyed me about perspective correction.

The best way to do it is as follows. Move your camera WAY back and have your target at the same height as your camera eye. You will have a lot of ground. Render the image larger than needed and crop the image. this will be the most natural looking image.

If you don't believe me, try to animate a camera with a perspective correction of it, and then do one with the above method.

Comment

Yes but that only works for exteriors. In many cases, you just have to looks up or down only a little bit, if you correct that it won't look very unnatural, it works to some extents of course.
                              Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
                              X