Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self-Illuminated / non-reflecting object - how - help?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Illuminated / non-reflecting object - how - help?!

Is there a way to make an invisible, self-illuminating but non-reflecting object. In this sample scene i've got a self-illuminating sphere and turned off "visible to camere" in object properties. Unfortunately it is still visible to reflections. If I turn off "visible to reflection/refraction" in the object properties then it doesn't generate any GI.

I tried turning the reflection amount to 0 in VRay object properties but it didn't have any affect.

I don't want to use VRay lights to do this because I want the flexiblity of using ojbect lights of any shape.

So is there a way to make an object:
    * Invisible to camera
    * Invisible to reflections (non-relfecting)
    * Self-illuminating

currently no. i think we can look forward to this feature in 1.1 not sure though.

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Arrrggghhhh!

Wait a minute. What is chance of 1.1 being release in the next eight 24 hours? Crossing fingers, crossing toes, crossing eyes, rubbing lucky nickle...

Comment

why not use an ordinary omnilight?
        Daniel Westlund

Comment

sorry, didnĀ“t read it through.
          Daniel Westlund

Comment

The only way to do this now, is to use the old hide trick...

Render irradience map with object, save irradience map, hide object and render..

-Tom

Comment

But all geometry that was hidden behind that object will look bad because no samples are calculated there. This trick only works for changing colors and stuff, but the geometry should stay the same.
              Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
              X