Legal ;) Problem with HDRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal ;) Problem with HDRI

Using Vray Advanced 1.09.03i, Win XP, Max 2.46....

Using the kitchen probe for a test scene and have an object using an untouched vraymat material and HDRI in the sykylight in render settings. These objects no matter what I try tend to reflect the HDRI map even though the Reflection is set to black!! Any idea how to keep these from refecting the HDRI map when the material is set to not reflect?

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

What you see is probabely the colors that the hdri light casts. It's normal. Usually with the kitchen probe, reduce it's multiplier to 0.4. Default 1 is way to high for that map.

Show us a pic of your problem please
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Na this is looking like an actuall reflection rather than just colour being cast on the objects. Ill try to post a sample in a day or 2. Also I never use 1.0 for any HDRI map. usualy stay between 0.4 to 0.8

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
      X