photometric lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photometric lights

I have a question regarding photometric lights. I have tried ERCO lights and i have recently been downloading IES files from manufacturers suchas GE... anyways i was the impression that a photometric light realistically distributes the light as it does in the real world my question is do you usually have to tweak the multipliers as in crankingthe % on the erco dimmer or increase the % for regular photometrics? i find that if i stick a light in that is being used in a similar circumstance in real life i just get a very weak light .

Thanks for your time everyone

Ryan

hi
    are your models to scale ?
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

yeha I did some stuff useing the right lighe settings and they look right...
      ya got to ....
      biuld to scale...tho ..have a good day

Comment

my model is built exactly to scale...
        would anyone have an ies file for pot lights somewhere between 200-400 watts and have a diameter of 250mm to 300mm? its for lighting a concourse of a stadium

Comment

i used to work with lightscape over a couple of years but never found out
          about the light settings for "realistic" lighting. i tried ready made *.ies-files, from erco for example, and put them in a correctly scaled environment. these light sources were FAR too weak......i joined web discussions for help and the answer was: "turn the values up until it looks good."

so, how can i make a realistic light simulation? or is it more about light`s DISTRIBUTION rather than INTENSITY?

Comment

Play with color mapping values instead of increasing and decreasing each values, however the IES Sun light doesnt match with the same color mapping vlaues, as Erco lights in this way I think you will need to play with intensity too.

Gonçalo

Comment

I have the same problem

here's my post about it

Comment

Anyway, its not easy to play with photometrics using Vray....
                One day I hope...

Gonçalo

Comment

Working...
                X