Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating License - VRay 1.1?

Guys,

I'm dying for a floating license. I know it was originally penned in for version 1.1. Can any of the Chaos guys confirm this is still the case? And if so is there any hints as to when this will happen? (If you need any guinea pig testers I'm volunteering here and now!)

Don't mean to break your balls here guys - you do an unbelievable job. VRay rocks. Just wish I could move it around a little easier to enjoy it even more!

Simon

PS Before anyone suggests it - PLU-ing the MAX license is not an option. Different colleagues want to use different plugins which are registered to different licenses. I need the flexibility to grab VRay on its own and experiment.

I really need this too as my work purchased a 2nd max licence for me to use at home so PLU-ing the licence obviously doesn't work. PLEASE I am down on my hand and knees begging for this feature

Craig

Comment

Does Vray authorize it's software to the computer or to it's version of 3d StudioMax?
      www.rayduststudios.com

Comment

To the version of Max

Comment

Ahhh, well that's good news for dicreet. Anybody who wants to use Vray won't be able to use it on a cracked version of 3ds. Smart thinking
          www.rayduststudios.com

Comment

but never under estimate other's ability

Comment

what's a 'floating license'?
              Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

generally its implemented so a server serves your license, which means if one machines not using it another can...the license can "float" around the network rather being locked to one machine
                Digital Progression

Comment

Working...
                X