Splotches problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splotches problem

This ugly bug has again reard its ugly head (splotches). If my memory serves me correct this has something to do with the bitmap cropping option. Problem is that there are literally hundreds and hudnreds of bitmaps in my scene (it's a city model). Does anyone here have a good idea/suggestion on how to do this more efficiently (and more quickly) I really don't want to crop all the bitmap's manually. Has anyone done a script to do this?

Thanks.

Joel

http://www.varcht.com/tools.htm

-Tom

Comment

this might be a dumb question but i can't seem to get it to work, i use max 5.1 and i did drag the .mzp file and a message popped up saying that it was installed but will be available on the next max session. so i closed max and opened it again and i did find the apply cropping under the maxsript button in the util;ity panel, but what then? i tried running the .mzp file using the run button but i got an error saying cannot open blahblah.ms file. what am i doing wrong, thanks.

JG

Comment

never mind my last post, got it to work. thanks a bunch.

JG

Comment

I finally narrowed the problem down to overbright materials. Now does anyone know how to fix this? None of the bitmaps have self illumination on and their output levels are all the same. Any ideas? Thanks.

Joel

Comment

Try to clamp to 100.
            Some scripts was given here in order to do that but I can't find it right now.

Else, you can get some great Neil Blevins' work from Blur scripts which is doing something similar.

Comment

Working...
            X