Vray environment dialog joy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray environment dialog joy

Greetings. Please help. I have a high output map in the vray reflect/refract dialog to give more dynamic reflections in my glass and water objects. Works well until the refractive objects have the max background behind them (refer attachement). Is there away to tell Vray to "see" the max background in this case? Any help greatly appreciated.

'mmm, should have opened it in Notepad'
    www.osmosis.com.au

I doubt it. In your settings you told VRay to use that JPEG, so it is using it. No exceptions, I believe
    I think the only way is to unify the maps for both refl./refr. and for background.
    I think that also some kind of compositing with masking could be used to solve your problem.
    Or, if you're not going to make an animation, place simply a static textured plane/box in the background of the building so that the actual MAX background is not visible at all

Comment

Vray environment dialog joy

thanks Dusan,

i expected as much. Its for an animation so may have to go the comp action...was trying to avoid it.
      'mmm, should have opened it in Notepad'
      www.osmosis.com.au

Comment

It would be easier to use a standard material with opacity, and a vray map in the reflection slot in this case I think..

-Tom

Comment

Working...
        X