Vray&Radiosity ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray&Radiosity ????

I don't know how to use radiosity with Vray and will apresiate if anyone could explain me.
    Thank you in advance.

Hi
    Vray is an indipendant rendering system and is not radiosity.
    let me surgest you follow a tutorial or 2 ........

http://www.evermotion.org/gifts.htm
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

... and/or try this

1) open the "Render Scene" window (F10 etc.)
      2) find an "Indirect Illumination (GI)" rollout and check "On" (top left corner)
      3) select one of the "Irradiance map presets" (bottom right corner)
      4) [optionally] check "Show calc. phase" - to see the process of GI calculation

Now hit Render

That's it! :P

Comment

Thank you guys! Obviosly I didn't get the logic of radiosity and Vray GI and I didn't know that they do the same thig, althought I tried both ways of rendering scenes. Anyway I'm still learning

Comment

Radiosity and Rederers like Vray and finalrender use differnt concepts. both can get accurate renderings with nice difuce light bouncing.

But

Radiosity is geometry depending so you have to model very accurate to get good results. on the oather hand it is view independent, so like in lightscape ore max 5 radiosity you can move your camera in your scene and still have a preview of radiosity light, because everywhere the light is allready computed. it is very good for fligh throughs. but heavey for memory. the light gets stored with the geometry.

Vray calculates (like most of the GI renderer) the light by looking throug the camera, picking up points in your scene and from there fiering "search ray´s" into your scene. the bad thing is, this is view dependent, the good thing is, you dont have to modle that perfect, and you also have some other nice technics with those raytraycers, that Radiosity isnt able to compute, like Caustix, glossy reflections, SSS and so on.

so the future sure will be Vray, final render and friends.

Comment

Working...
          X