rendering reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rendering reflections

I always like to render redlections (of buildings) seperately to the main render. Anyone have any good solutions for doing this with Vray?

Usually, I save the solution created with the glass hidden, then use that solution with 100% reflective/100% opaque Vray material on the now unhidden glass.

I set the environment colour to black and hit render.

Then in photoshop I delete the black areas. HOWEVER, much of the reflection is very nearly black, so often this is also deleted and I get a nasty rough jittery edge to my raytrace reflections.

Any other ideas? I suppose Render Elements would be a solution, not that I have ever used it, but this is not available with Vray.

Thanks

Rich

why dont you try overiding the max enviroment with the vray one, in the vray render settings.
    put an hdr in the vray enviroment slot ....
    is this what you mean ?

Natty
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

no.
      what I mean is, I want a render with reflections only so that i can play around with the level of the reflection in photoshop.

does that make sense?

Comment

why not just hide everything but the glass and render the glass by itself?

Comment

U Can render only the reflections as a seperate pass and then combine in PHOTOsomthing... the pass save the ALPHA CHANEL so u don't have to get messy.

(Using MAX/VIZ system for rendering differant elements of the scene... it's in the render menu)

Regards,
          Bakbek.
          sigpic

Comment

I may be wrong but I think he may be talking about something like FinalRender where you can render reflections, shadows,... seperately

-dave
            Cheers,
            -dave
            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I think thats what he's talking about too. And i have to say, even though im never one to criticise Vlado and Peter, i think it's really about time we had a render pass option in Vray. Heck, even the standard max renderer has one! To have to render out the reflections AGAIN is just plain silly. Does anyone know if this will be included in 1.1?

Regards,
              Marc
              -------------------------------------------------------

"...and we all know how paintful THAT can be, don't we?"

Comment

It should be in 1.1. Its actually there rite now but a couple revisions ago it was disabled, I guess as its not ready yet.

-dave
                Cheers,
                -dave
                ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Great! Thanks dave.

Marc
                  -------------------------------------------------------

"...and we all know how paintful THAT can be, don't we?"

Comment

Working...
                  X