Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Map paths ... again.

Hello...

I'm a new Vray user.... I'm having the same problems that I've seen in some of the posts in this forum.... Maps are not being recognized in a DR process...

Our standard network rendering is working ok, so all of the plugins and maps are visible for all the computers in the renderfarm... (plugins are locally in each computer and configured with drive letters in the plugin.ini and the maps are configured with UNC paths aiming to the MANAGER Computer in the 3dsmax.ini)...

The VRAY spawner was configured as a service ... and well, it works ok... but without any maps displayed in the rendered image....

Am I missing something?? should I have to copy locally the maps or configure in a different way the UNC paths (besides the 3dmax.ini)??

Thanks in advanced,
    Jose Luis.

curious too

im having the same problem... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
    Arkitec

Comment

i had the same problem.

after changing the unc to network paths ( f.e. d is local drive and the same drive is p on all computers in the network) and changing all the 3dmax.ini in all computers it just works perfect..

i had to copy and paste all the paths from my local 3dmax.ini to all the renderslaves.

regards
      s.wolf

Comment

I tried to use map network drives....

For example in the 3dsmax.ini of all the computers there is a m:/ drive, that is mapped to our map directory in the Client machine (which also has a m:/ network map drive) ... but it didn't work.....

As a workaround, I have in all the local C:/ drive of all computers a special directory (c:/vraymaps) where I copied all the maps of the scene (in each computrer).... and it worked just fine... but you have to copy locally all the textures.....

Maybe we're configuring wrong the spawner with any temporary directory??? I've tried all the standard network methods without any result.....

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks again.

Jose.

Comment

Originally posted by stephan_MA
          i had the same problem.

after changing the unc to network paths ( f.e. d is local drive and the same drive is p on all computers in the network) and changing all the 3dmax.ini in all computers it just works perfect..

i had to copy and paste all the paths from my local 3dmax.ini to all the renderslaves.

regards
          s.wolf
          I am having the same problem. I still haven't been able to make DR work properly, and I tried the approach you describe above, witn no results. Each computer has an M:\ drive pointing to source maps and all the paths are the same in every 3dsmax.ini. Standard network rendering with Vray works fine, and each machine can access the maps without problems, but DR can't.

I am at a loss why this is the case and I can't think of a logical explanation.

Comment

Working...
          X