New problem: GI blotches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New problem: GI blotches...

The light fixtures have self illum with GI casting turned up, 2 vray lights to light up the subfloor region, no other lighting. Any idea what's causing the blotches on the AC units against the walls? And how to get rid of it?

hi
    why have you got it on incremental add to current map...... that might be causing it. ?

Natty
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

thats just the default setting i have in that setting set...i've tried resetting the irradience map and it doesn't resolve the problem

off topic: maybee there should be a "natty support" forum?

Comment

lololololol.......just like to help if i can.
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

any other ideas natty? or anyone else for that matter?

Comment

I think youll have to either turn down the GI on the Self illuminated stuff and supplement it with some regular lights or crank up the hemi's and probably up the min/max.
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

My guess would be to reduce the secondary bounces multiplier to 0.5, and use color mapping or brighter lights instead.
              sigpic

Vu Nguyen
              -------------------------
              www.loftanimation.com.au

Comment

My guess is that you are getting an over bright error on your ceiling material...
                Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
                Director

Chaos Group

Comment

Well, it doesn't *quite* look like it, but a similar affect can be had by having 2 cooincident polygons.. Check to make sure you only have 1 copy of the object there..

Otherwise it really looks like the error you would normally get with a saved irradiance map that doesn't cover the area you are rendering.. (If this was so then the blotches would be on everything though)

Lastly if you turn off your clossy relections is the error still there? Or if you turn up the Subdivs? Also you may attempt turning up the subdivs to 30-40 and turning the interpolation on.. It may be an artifact of the too low quality on the glossy reflection combined with the very high contrast level samples it is getting back from the cieling..

some thoughts.
                  Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

I've turned off the reflection on that material and still get the problems

Comment

http://www.metinseven.com/article_vray_splotches.htm

Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

I remember the thread.

My issue turned out to be a combination of not enough photons, not high enough AA, bad objects, and interpolated glossy reflections

Comment

Sounds like a deadly combination.

Cheerio,

M7
                          Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

Working...
                          X