Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eliminating the Prepass for interpolation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminating the Prepass for interpolation...

Is there a way to skip the prepass stage (it seems to go through 4 of them) when using interpolated reflections????

I realize it is essential for production renders, but I'd like to turn off the reflections for quick draft renders. The prepass is one of the more time consuming parts of the render. Can it be disabled through a global switch or something?

yes it can be, there is a rollout, global switches... there you'll find it.

Comment

I don't think so.... none of the checkboxes control the Prepass. I turned them all off and the prepass still gets processed.

Comment

no problemo lets do it again>? i am talking about the reflection/refraction>glossy>interpolated prepass, that u can turn it off/on in the global switches. If u turn off in the vray renderer rollouts>global switches>materials>reflection/refraction then no reflection no refraction will be calculated. Any kind of it. If u use glossy reflection interpolated or not it will be NOT calculated. This is for sure. Except you experiencig some bug....

If u calculate Global illumination, naturally u cant turn off its calculation (prepass)(except u use direct compution/GlobalPhotonMap )... I thought it is obvious. If you dont want prepass then turn off Global Illumination, refr/refl (any kind of in the global switches) then you will have ray traced image with no prepass...

gi prepass / glossy interpolation prepasses are separete . If u use different settings for them, for example -4/-3 for gi; 4-/-1 for glossy then u will have 4 prepass. if u use for both -4/-3 then only two.
        If u turn off gi, then u still have two prepass for the glossy ref/refr

here you'll find a lot info
        vray manual , http://vray.info and www.evermotion.org

Comment

Working...
        X