Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change Colors in Irradiance Map, it´s possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Colors in Irradiance Map, it´s possible?

I can´t save the color information of animated textures in Irradiance Map?

I have created a tv screen in my scene with an animated texture representing the movie (a video on the screen), but the Irradiance Map doesn not store the color change derived from the texture.

I need to make an animation of the scene. Of coarse i can use the Single Frame or Multiframe Incremental, but it is not possible use the Irradiance Map for this scene is that correct?

Are there any workarounds for this, or Im doing it completely wrong?

Thanks,
    Yohann

I can't do it either. I've tried all the settings I could think of in the irradiance map, and I cannot get the map to accept that the color of the light is changing and that it should change the scene lighting appropriately.

If anyone else would be willing to take a gander at this and try and figure out a method to solve for this problem, here's the scene that I was using to test it.

http://www.3dmaxedout.com/stuff/lightchanging.rar (12k, Max5)
    5 years and counting.

Comment

If your lighting changes you must use single frame mode.
      Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

that sucks.

why vlado? why?
        5 years and counting.

Comment

I thought that was pritty obvious. If any lighting conditions change, objects move; lights are animated; mat'ls are animated, will affect the radiosity in the scene slightly different for each frame, so as egz said; you'll have to use single frame and the solution will be created at the time of rendering, acounting for the differences in the radiosity in each frame.

Comment

still, sucks that the solutions can't be saved to be used again later.

no way to do a frame by frame irrad map save?
            5 years and counting.

Comment

I reck'n you could set it up, but by the time you figureout all the particulars (network, automating the procedure ect.) you may as well just use single frame. my thoughts anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Psy

You can do this with maxscript.

Comment

Originally posted by egz
                  Originally posted by Psy

You can do this with maxscript.
                  But what's the use? If you rendered every frame to save the map, why would you render the exact same thing again?
                  Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Hi egz,

(my apologize if I am becoming too subjective )

You mean "They" can do that with MAXScript, the MAXScript enabled fellows!

Shame on us, MAXScript DISabled ones

Psy, is we who suck, (The MS disabled) that disability convert us in beggars begging for code :P :P (the tongue out emoticon was much better in the old forum, here you can't actually tell if it's kidding (intended) of just laughing

Fermí Bertran

Comment

You might need a higher resolution for instance.
                      Or you could use it to create animations with the "hide glass, render irradiance, unhide glass, render" trick to get light through glass surfaces.

Comment

>>But what's the use? <<

You asked for it, so you should know what you wanted it for...

Usage could be rerender later totally or partially the animation... may be at a bigger frame reusing older imaps...

but again, it was you who asked

Fermí Bertran

Comment

I'll stop answering, because I am always late

Fermí

Comment

Hi, I see.

But fermi, it wasn't me who asked for it

cheers
                            Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
                            X