animating a curtain billowing in breeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animating a curtain billowing in breeze

anyone got any good suggestions for animating a long white fabric curtain that blows slightly in the wind?

i want to use vray as the renderer

hi
    are you going to use Sim Cloth ?
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Unless you need colisions, you can try playing with noise modifier.

Select bottom row of vertices with soft selection enabled and large enough fallof to cover a lot of the curtain. Add noise to it, with large size and small movement rate. These can even be stacked to produce more complex results and each can have a different seed (quasi random pattern of movement).

Additionally.. you can slap a FFD deformer on a region for more predictable control.

Comment

Well Simcloth is without a doubt the best alternative. For one simple reason...it's free.

If you plan to spend money I would suggest either Stitch or Clothreyes....mostly Stitch.

But check out Simcloth. It's really easy. Even if you could use a noise mod. I still would suggest Simcloth.

Comment

Is using Reactor competely out of the question?
          Being that it is built into max and everything..

-Tom

Comment

Well Reactor would do the job too

and it is build in allreadey. On the oather hand i´ve read, that cloth simulation of reactor is a bit slow and works better when you aply after simulation also a mesh smooth modifier.

I didn´t test it. But you should look at the example scenes of reactor. there you will find something nearly to the things you want to do. a curtain which is mooving from the wind, after the wind opens the window.

just take a look and it´s free also.

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X