Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bake 3d and new real time engine!!

hello everyone
    im writing from the uk in regards with the bake 3d feature of vray.
    i m working on some sample scenes for a new real time application specialized for architects and visualization people called cadai
    www.cadai.com
    it s a brand new new real time engine we are developing with its own editor etc. currently we have exporters for max and softimage
    i want to use vray to bake the textures but i havent been able to try it since i havent been able to find it in vray free so basically what i m looking for is some info on bake 3d . can i get a demo version of it? i ve read on the forum that it doesnt support multi sub mats is it true ? will it be fixed on 1.1 ? also is it quite easy to and relatively bugfree??
    also i would like to ask anyone whos interested in trying out the engine with their own models .We would be more than happy to give them the software to get some feedback. we are currently looking for people who want to test it for free and in return we ask the permission to use the results as part of the demo for our site.
    thank you in advance for your help
    alkis tzavaras

I'd love to give a try, the example scene of the baked textures looks great. I am impressed by the AA. My email below is my work address if you are arround this weekend a PM would be great.

Eric
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Hi!

Impressive engine! I've been playing around with bake3d for a while, it'd cool to try it with your system. I was thinking about one thing, does cadai support reflections/refraction, if so what type of them? If u'd like me to test it just send a message/email.

cya
      Balage

Comment

Hi,

I m just curious : does your engine supports multitexturing?

thanks

Comment

hello again
          thank you for the replies and the nice words
          the engine supports multipassing if that s what you mean
          there are reflections as well that come fro reflection maps but no refraction ( i dont think there is an engine that has refraction actualy)
          fro those who wish to try it can you please send us an email at
          info@cadai.com with you r email adressess so we can send you the relevant information.
          thanks again
          PS can someone answer my questions on the first post about vray bake3d(please)

Comment

i believe the demo version of vray has bake3d in it.
            5 years and counting.

Comment

The version labeled 0.5 is what I use and it works good.

Vlado posted it once a while back but I believe he's only included it further in some VRay Advanced builds (not sure I haven't DL the DEMO or FREE for a while).

My version says it's still at 0.5 but there must be more to it than that because I had an older version that was also 0.5, probably a back burner thing that will be tied up with the release of 1.1

You should contact Vlado if you want to help develop in conjunction. Then you guys can make them work better together for future revisions of each.

Cool to see interest from a specific engine development team

--Jon

Comment

hi,
                i'd like to try it out with vray.
                i'm very interested in texture baking and realtime engines.
                Marc Lorenz
                ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                www.marclorenz.com
                www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Hallo alkis

my company would be interisted in testing your software. right now we´ve been dooing realtime at last for aircraft and architects. So you may take a look at: http://www.lichtecht.com/zeit/reihenhaus.html and at: http://www.lichtecht.com/zeit/flugzeug.html

these projects were made with radiosity. because of the big datas in backround we only have posed a screencapture on our website. but it runs on a usual windows pc with a g force 4.
                  Of course we are looking for each alternative to make our projects and the creating process faster and easier. So we are very interisted in your software. you can contact me in my company
                  at www.lichtecht.com

thanks

Tom

Comment

@alkis:
                    The free version is a superior renderer ..with very basic features.
                    The bake3d feature is a independent plugin, so you might want to ask vlado to send you the plugin... else try the demo, it should be there and also work without restrictons together with the free version.

The bake3d plugin is version 0.5 and it sometimes act like a beta. The uvw unwrapping is not so good as the automatical unwraping of max5 and sometimes it looses the materials on some objects and convert it to gray. ...maybe this is what you mean with the multisub bub..i haven't figure out why such things happens... it's beta and i have a different workflow for RT -> lightscape

Your engine looks fine, but i can't figure out how i get my max mesh into your engine... is there any exporter and which features does that exporter support ... i would also interested in if your engne supports vertexcolors.

@Tom:
                    impressive! ..which software?
                    www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Hallo Dschaga

max5 radiosity tB, Photoshop, Rhino, Virtools.
                      Some smaler scripts for workflowoptimazation, but the most work is about Modellingoptimazations. The A380 like VR plane has about 1200000 polygons. And that would have been too much more, not optimiszed. the aim was to get each designrelevant detail, and also get a "real light" simulation, what was the reason, to rather use max radiosity.

At this point vlado, it would be greate not only to have photometic lights in vray, but also realworld materials. And the way vray is programmed i am sure, it would be also much better than max5 "realworld materials".

Tom

Comment

ah... virtools...
                        we played around with lightscape/virtools too but it's too expansive for us, who we need only architectural flighthroughs. ..and where cadai can start to be interresting for us ,if it can import vertexcolors too, because we don't care about tb and (hardcore) imported the vertex colormesh into virtools
                        www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

@Dchaga
                          you might want to look at quest3d
                          im currently testing it and i must say im impressed...

www.quest3d.com
                          unlimited time demo version (no save) aviable

Comment

Working...
                          X