matte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matte

Does anyone know any good tutorial on matte- principle? I have a problem: I want my surounding reflectors to soften the shadow but I dont want it to lighten the rest of the matte material (the table) is it possible only to fake reflectors by other arealights?
    Allso I wonder, What is the differense between the materialwrap matte and he vrayproertydialog- matte?

I would realy like to get this straight.

DW
    Daniel Westlund

nada?
    Daniel Westlund

Comment

I dont really understand your question as you phrased it..

The difference in the ways to get to matte.. The wrapper allows you to set it by material (Convienient for say.. Glass in an arch scheme.. to allow a seconday pass for reflections or whatnot..) .. the object dialog allows to do it by object.. the Wrapper material takes precedence right now.. (Not sure why, and wish it wasn't so, but eh.)

Personally i use the Object version with various selection sets and life is good.. Could only ask for an invert selection button (Pleasepleaseplease)

Anyway, back to your question.. You want a softer shadow without changing the amount of light in the shaded areas? I dont see how this could be very possible since shadow is just the absense of light... changing one without the other would be awkward

Mabye an image would help..
      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Hmm... if I understood correctly...

There is an option in both Matte material and object matte dialogs.. Matte shadow brightness. And also you can specify a color of the shadow in the same location (from default black).. so that is two ways to change the lightness of shadow on matte, without touching the lights.

Comment

Here is an image where it´s visible. The mattes lightens them self up. There is a box where you can check for the mattes not to light up other mattes, but in that case you get totaly dark shadows. from your objects. I have tryed to have no picture in the background and composit them together afterwards and thats cool but I would realy like this to work in one shot because I am using dof effects and it doesn´t work as good in aftereffects as it does in max.

So why doesn´t it work whith a picture in the background?

Daniel Westlund

Comment

Working...
          X