Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray mat converter

hi all:
    just courious where I can find the vray mat converter .....I found it before, I just can't remember where it's at.
    I have a scene w/ fr glass and fr advanced and I'd like to convert them

thanks,

Paul.

In less time than it took to post this topic you could of typed "material and converter" in the search dialogue and have your answer.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

i dind't think about it at first......

I got this:
      http://www.cgtechniques.com/~upload/...onverter05.zip

but I thought vray came w/ one built in....

paul.

Comment

Yes it does, but only the latest version of V-Ray and in Max 5, Should be available in your Quad menu, or can be added thru the quad customization.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

so, since i use the latest vray but w/ viz 4, is the converter I downloaded the only option??

thanks,

Paul.

Comment

The only thing is, it is not a complete material converter. One of things I noticed is that the bump maps are not converted over or I could be missing something. 14 hr work days can do that.

Scott.

Comment

scott, please use the latest build of vray ..some older versions doesn't have correct maxscript values...

bump map converts correct in both directions, the only thing i never touched was the conversation from vraymap.
              It was too complicated for me and since this tool is a production tool for us and we never used vraymap it doesn't make sense for us.. .. sorry.

But with enough knowledge you can dig into the "how to convert.ms" and change or add all parameters you need.
              www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Dschaga
                scott, please use the latest build of vray ..some older versions doesn't have correct maxscript values...

bump map converts correct in both directions, the only thing i never touched was the conversation from vraymap.
                It was too complicated for me and since this tool is a production tool for us and we never used vraymap it doesn't make sense for us.. .. sorry.

But with enough knowledge you can dig into the "how to convert.ms" and change or add all parameters you need.
                I just down loaded the lastest and greatest. I will take a look.

Thanks,

Scott.

Comment

is there a way to include a quad menu shortcut in viz 4 like in max 5, for the built in converter??

paul.

Comment

yep,

add *before*
                    (
                    -- Globals

global toon_error
                    this code:
                    macroScript materialconverter

category:"lightbox"
                    buttontext: "Vray MC"
                    toolTip:"Vray Materialconverterl"
                    (

and on the really last line of the script a closing ")"

now you sould be able to add it to the quad menu. You will find it in the lightbox category. ..better use that name for category, because i'm nearly ready with a hammer script you will desire
                    www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Working...
                    X