Anisotropic Reflections and Moblur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anisotropic Reflections and Moblur?

I'm working on an effects where I have to exactly mimic the reflective quality of a vinyl record as it moves about a room. I'm using Vrays Anisotropic Glossy reflections for my spec pass in order to create the proper highlights on the "grooved" portion of the record, and the results are almost perfect. However, once vray motion blur in enabled, they become VERY blurry...even with a really low duration. I've checked the amount of movement in these hightlights between frames, and the moblur seems to be interpolating incorrectly. Anyone run into this? I've tried just about every possible combination of motion blur settings with no improvement.

Thanks,
    Mitch

If your records are spinning fast you need to increase the geometry samples.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

The record is NOT spinning...actually moving slowly, as are the reflections. however, the moblur on the reflections seems like it is treating them as if moving fast. have tried increasing geometry samples, but doesnt help

Comment

Are the reflections actually moving fast? Do you have lights that generate the highlights or just reflections? How does the result compare to a multipass motion blur?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado,

As I mentioned in my initial post, the reflections are not moving very fast. These are reflections from max light specs and not raytraced. I tried camera multipass moblur and it looks correct. Also, if I get rid of all animation of the object, the highlights are NOT blurry using vray moblur.

If I put a VERY small amount of rotation (about 1 degree over 80 frames), the highlights get overly blurry using vray moblur, unless I set the duration really, really low....around 0.05.

For now I may just go back to multipass moblur since it works.

Thanks,
          Mitch

Comment

Working...
          X