General export Max quesiton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General export Max quesiton

Hi guys, this is my first post and i wanted to ask about IGES files. I am currently trying to export a poly model in max to .igs format so the firm in taiwan can work on it through PRO-E, i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this? All my exported files of max seem to become .xlo. Thank you

John

No real experience here, but you may want to look at npowersoftware.com 's power translators thing..
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

ive used npower's power solids plugin to get proE models into MAx, but not too sure about the other way around.

the problem is that your model in max is a Mesh...not a solid...so they could import mesh, but wouldnt really be able to edit the mesh in proE, just 2 different modeling approaches.

we are currently testing out the possiblity of using offset surfacing to "duplicate' the 3ds mesh into a fully editible proE surface, but we havent really had a large enough break in the workflow to fully test it out.

but if all u need to give them is a visual reference that they could work off of, i recommend exporting it as a STL.

Comment

thanks for the help guys. i still haven't found a way to directly export through max effectively but i will need to do it in a form of 3rd party software. I found Okino's Polytrans to be very useful, too bad the demo takes out every 5th polygon LoL.

Comment

i feel you pain.

its kinda like trying to hit a round peg through a square hole.

Comment

Working...
          X