No announcement yet.

dual zeon 2.8 and vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: "well yeah, you can set a number of procs in any of the three (brazil/vray/fr) but it still shouldn't see more then what's there to begin with...shouldn't it???....very odd..."
    Actually at my friend's office I played with fR stage-1 a bit and I was able to set 12 threads (there were 12 buckets) on dual processor system, although it was slower than 2.

Comment

You can not "turn off" hyper threading in Windows 2000, you have to go into the BIOS and enable/disable it in there. I would not recomend playing with the BIOS though, unless you are comfortable in that you know what you are doing. I have spent countless hours fixing friends PC's cause they start mucking about with the BIOS and end up messing something up. Sorry for the rant All else fails read the mother board maual carefully and it sould tell you how to enable/disable the hyperthreading safely.

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1
        You can not "turn off" hyper threading in Windows 2000, you have to go into the BIOS and enable/disable it in there. I would not recomend playing with the BIOS though, unless you are comfortable in that you know what you are doing. I have spent countless hours fixing friends PC's cause they start mucking about with the BIOS and end up messing something up. Sorry for the rant
        hehehe...don't worry I wouldn't mess with it .....just courious

although it still BOTHERS me that fr seems to recognize HT and give 4 threads (even though I didn't change the default of 2 procs in the dialog box), while vray doesn't.
        I mean if fr can recognize HT under win 2k pro, so should vray!!!!...don't care what win xp can or can't do......

paul.

Comment

Working...
        X