Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fountain water Material

Hello

We need to do a realistic water for a fountain that has a 5 meters waterfall.

I've been browsing in the forum and I've found cool materials for ocean water or swimming pool water.... But how about a water fall or a water steam....

What we need is not exactly foam in it.... but that transparent and realistic look of moving water....

I've been trying to play tweaking the water materials that I've found in this forum ..... and playing with the fog and diffuse colors.... but really I haven't found any convincing result.....

I saw a cool material in a Richard Rosenman TV comercial in this forum... and somebody asked about the water, but unfortunately there was no answer.....

We have RealFlow so.... all we need is a cool Vray Material... I'd appreciate a lot your help....

Jose Luis.

waterfall material

Jose,

I wrote a waterfall tutorial a few years ago that you are more then welcome to have...just email me. I haven't updated it yet....but i have been testing the technique/materials with vray and vray displacement and it looks really good so far. Te tutorial should give you a good starting guide...i kept it really basic but there is alot of potential in the final material if you made the material tree really deep with mix maps and masks and such.

Let me know if you need it and i'll send it to ya.

Dwayne
    -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

I've found so far that just using a convincing backdrop and having refraction whiteish, reflection whitish, (fresnel checked) ior 1.33.. it basically comes out fairly clear.. but is a good start to get a base for some color correction.. overlayed on top of the base color layer, mabye some transparency (70%?) and some shift to the blue channel.. looks reasonable..

Foamy stuff needs in my opinion to end up as a seperate layer rendered with the particles..
      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

THanks for your answers....

Dellis.... I'm interested in your tutorial... but I don't have your e-mail address..... can you send it to me please??

Thanks
        Jose Luis.

Comment

dbuchhofer

Do you mean render separate passes?? one with the fluid mesh with color and another with the fluid mesh with the reflection & refraction??

Thanks again,
          Jose Luis.

Comment

I don't think you don't need a very fancy material. I just set up a particle system and a little motion blur, and it comes out pretty good.
            www.blindleader.tk

Comment

Actually the tutorial that i did does, indeed, use a particle system with motion blur...but i rendered the particle system from a straight on view to give me an animated texture map as opposed to the tonnes of particles that it would take to make anything near realistic. The map method works good for reflection refraction and you could even use it with displacement and bump. The results are pretty believable. I've been playing around with it in Vray but i never have as much time as i need.
              -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

is this what your looking for?

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Not exactly Da_elf, we don't need the foam white water look... we need the transparente look. Imagine that you're dropping water from a giant glass from 17 feet high.

Thanks for the tutorial Dellis... I'll give it a try.....

Any more suggestions are welcomed.

Jose Luis.

Comment

Working...
                  X