Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't really understand how the glass work!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't really understand how the glass work!!!

A box, 5 mm of width, 1m x 1m, black color, no reflection, white refraction, 1,54 ior, a background image: all the glass BLACK
    The glass, when it work, is always too dark, expecially with 2 glass one over the other (doesn't care the reflection!).
    Does anybody can explain how to get a glass that RALLY work?

Starting from the rollout here's the basics that I know:

Vray Material:

Diffuse is the actual color of the glass itself.

The black box next to reflect is the reflection amount. Black is non-reflective. And white is high reflection.

Same idea for Refraction. Black is no transparency, meaning you can't see through it. White is fully transparent.

IOR is the refraction index of how much light will bend.

Hope that helps some.
    Do you have an image you can post?
    --------------------------------------
    www.lemusdesign.com

Comment

Perhaps your number of ray bounces isn't high enough? I had this happen a few times where I had the number of bounces in a VRayMap in the refraction slot set too low. Try setting the Exit Color to a MAgenta and render again - if all the black is now Magenta then you need to increase the number of ray bounces.

-brian
      www.bxhdesigns.com

Comment

Thank-you guys, but... I know the basic settings... I already made many images with glass with vray, but each time for the glass I have to switch to something else solution.
        BxHBxH: The number of bounces is enough!
        Intenzity: The settings are these! Nothing else! But each time there's something that doesn't work as it should! WHY????

Comment

Daniele, please post a scene file so we can have a look.
          Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Working...
          X