Upgrade to current build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to current build

I currently use version 1.09.02u I’ve found this build to be stable. I am considering an upgrade to the current build. Does anyone know if my existing projects will render the same or will I need to make adjustments?

As we do not know what your project is, it seems difficult to give pronostics.

Anyways, I've kept the 1.09.02u till a couple of weeks ago before unleaching the 1.09.03j ("n" soon for everybody - around 60-70 people).

Everything seems to globally work fine with this build.
    My major concern was about the displacment changes. And there are some, but going in the right direction (shift woring properly for exemple) so we had some changes to make.

Renders renders, graphists do graphs, etc.
    Bugs of course, but nothing harming actually.

Comment

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced any problems with materials and lighting not looking the same. I don’t want to have to re-work all my existing projects. Does any particular improvement stand out?

Comment

Will the new installer automatically replace al the relevant files, or do the old ones need to be removed first?

Comment

You should remove the old install files just to be sure there will be no problems. Also on the subject to quote Vlado (hope he doesn't mind) " Don't changes builds in the middle of a project unless its absolutely nessesary."

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Point well taken!

Comment

Working...
            X