No announcement yet.

material editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a stab in the dark here, but do you not maybe have the Manual Update option set in the Material Editor?

Comment

Okay...I should have just done this about 10 posts ago, so that everyone can see what is happening. I was just being lazy. My apologies.

You can see my mat editor and my mat editor settings. I hope this helps.

~Troy
      Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
      Midwest Studios

Comment

This may be completely off-base. It could just be the DARKUI which you are using. Try switiching back to the default UI. Weird things like that happened to me when I used that interface in conjunction with some other plugins. Tkaes two seconds to switch and test- see if that helps.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

have you tried switching your graphics driver for max try standard
          Natty
          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I had the exact same problem as pictured above. I guess I never really found the cause or the real solution. It was just something that I thought I fixed by changing the sample type - it worked for me but obviously is not the solution for everyone.
            Tim Nelson
            timnelson3d.com

Comment

Well, lucky for me the solution is just merge this scene into a fresh scene and then all is well. It is just a minor inconvenience. At least it isn't a major production problem.

I really appreciate all of the suggestions and help!

I just think that there is just something fundamentally wrong with 'crunch time'. Computers seem to work flawlessly right up to the point where you really need to get something out the door. Then....BAM! Down she goes! hehehehehe....
              Midwest Studios

Comment

I fixed my own problem! Yea!!

What I found out, is that I need to switch my current rendere back to scanline and then open the mat editor and let all of the slots refresh. Then swith the current renderer back to Vray Advanced and then all of my materials come back.

I hope this will help anyone else who might run into this problem in the future.

~Troy
                Midwest Studios

Comment

Donald, your problem is here:

Vlado says this bug will be fixed in the next build

Comment

Dynedain,

Thanks for the information! This is great for future reference. Looking forward to the next build.
                    Midwest Studios

Comment

Working...
                    X