DR map path problem with Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR map path problem with Win2k

I'm test running VRay distributed rendering on a set of five workstations - two with Win2k and three with XP.

It seems the Win2k workstations can't find maps on a network drive, even though they're pointed to with an absolute path (\\computer\folder\etc...). Has anyone else encountered this problem, or better yet, solved it?

BTW, when using only GI object lights with maps you'll end up with black buckets when the workstation can't find the maps.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same issue. Been using Vray for a few months now, and it has been outstanding in most aspects, but I could never get DR to work properly. Machines are being seen and rendering works, except that no maps are used by any of the computers but the one where maps are located, UNC paths or not. I Read the instructions posted by Vlado in Tips and Tricks section, but they don't really deal with this particular issue.

If you find a solution, I would love to hear it.

Comment

try this:
      copy manually the bitmaps to the temp folder of each computer. Yes. the vray temp folder specified when configuring vray DR. where the max temp file is copied by the vray spawner.

Comment

Working...
      X