Max 6 bitmap crop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 6 bitmap crop

Is bitmap apply crop problem alredy solved in Max 6?

isnt it a vray problem ?
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

natty: part of the problem is because of a bug in the max bitmap loader. That's why they posted the recompiled version on the VRay account pages.
      Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

oh i see .....
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by egz
          natty: part of the problem is because of a bug in the max bitmap loader. That's why they posted the recompiled version on the VRay account pages.
          Speaking of the recompiled bitmap loader, has anyone tried the new one? Just wondering if its stabe enough to put into production.

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

i´m also planing to update my max soon....any experiences with max6 and vray ? or will only vray 1.1 REALLY support max6 ?

Comment

Once again:
              Is bitmap apply crop problem alredy solved in Max 6?

Comment

3dri, I also asked a variation of this question a while back (http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...ight=recompile) but got no reply.

I look forward to finding out.

Comment

guys, dont get me wrong but why dont you simply try out instead of waiting? I dont know for sure but you could use the original sponza scene, and render... you'll see it immadiately. As far as I remember it does it by default.

Comment

losbellos, I think in some situations, people are wondering if they should upgrade, so they can't really test it out for themselves.

Comment

I would wait updating Max 6 till there is complete new build of Vray. Current Version doesn't support Bake3d and Distributed rendering. I had many crashes with Vray in the Material editor as well.

Everything works fine with Max 5, and there is no real reason to update to Max 6 only for rendering.

regards,

robert
                      I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

It is not a question of upgrading or not to Max 6: I've done it already. Chaos released a version for Max 5's material plugin. It corrects many problems related to splotches. I've got splotches again in Max 6 and vray. So, my questions are simple:

1. Is the default Max 6's material plugin corrected (to be used with vray)?
                        2. If not, is Chaos planning to release one for Max 6, as they did for Max 5?

Comment

Good questions! I´d be interested in this too.

Stefan
                          Stefan Kubicek
                          www.keyvis.at

Comment

Hopefully this will be fixed again, but until then there is a script I wrote to automate the workaround http://www.varcht.com/tools.htm . It should work in 6 though I haven't tried it, if there is any problem let me know.
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

thx RErender. So I guess this means discreet has not fixed the bitmap loader for max6?

Stefan
                              Stefan Kubicek
                              www.keyvis.at

Comment

Working...
                              X