Max 6 question... Off topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by egz
    I remember they made the tab panels worse going from 4.2 to 5.0 as well, something about moving/changing tabs was made harder.

Maybe this has something to do with Adobe and Macromedia's little UI courtroom war that's been going on for a while?
    yeah, discreet doesn't wanna get sued and become intangled in that "ui war"...hehehehe

paul.

Comment

Actually, when the update from max 5 to 5.1 came out, they had removed the possibility of adding tabs. The most insulting part was that any post concerning this on the forum would be deleted imediatly. Even I, tried to ask about it and got my post deleted right away.

I've heard people mention that the "ui war" was the real reason this was removed. And discreet just hoped people would'nt realise it back then. (hence deleting post to cover it up).

Now all of a sudden, they have a reason for it, a speed issue... Funny that they didnt think of just saying that before

But after testing max 6 with and without tabs I'm pretty sure the "official" reason they give is just a lame excuse. Heck, if it was real, we could still have them and just choose to use them over speed.

What sucks is that tabs have been in use for the longuest time, so it would have been just good business to license the use of them from Adobe so to not cripple Max... But I guess the all mighty dollar is more important than their client

Comment

they say they want to add space for speed performance but instead add a reacor tab? wtf...
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

you guys really use tabs that much? I've never used them - I always preferred the command panel docked on the left. wierd

Comment

nope....dual monitors and all the shit off to the right :P but then I dont know what half of it does either

Comment

i used the tab panels...man it was a great tool for remembering what each lil function did, having a nice corresponding icon. now i mostly use em out of habit.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

learn to work with hotkeys.
                much faster then tabs.

i always hated the tabs and it was the first i removed after installing max.

Comment

If they wanted to add some space, why the hell did they add this stupid Reactor toolbar on the left LOL. It could be easily inserted into one tab panel. Jesus where's the logic behind this???
                  I'm quiting Max as soon as Vray gets ported to XSI or Maya, that's for sure.

Comment

why wait?

MR is great and if you are able to switch easily from one 3D app to another then you sure will be able to make nice renderings with mental ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X