Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when using Vray displacement

Hi

I'm trying to learn to use the "Vray Displacement modifyer", but when I try to render my scene I get a "unhandled exception" message...

I'm using Viz 4

ern

you need to post your settings

Natty
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I got exact the same problem!! I get an unhandled exception error too, when using displacement mapping. (and i didn't used instances)
      my settings are defauld 3D displacement mapping, amount: 30 shift: -10
      No GI

Comment

Set the accelerator type to linear!! than the problem is resolved,, but i noticed that vraydisplacement mapping is veerryy slow,, bumb is 40 times faster

Comment

bump, is 40 times flatter too
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

lol........ ............

Comment

Seriously though, it is a memory issue, If you keep "quadtree" and just reduce the cache size a bit it will probably render a little faster.
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

where are this parameter? acelerator type? are you talking about linear, hsv and hsn exponential?
                please, tell me if you solve your problem because i got all the time the same problem over here
                natal - brazil

Comment

i never ever had a problem with vray displacement and i guess most of the majority here so i guess it must be your setting specific so post your settings and we can help you there

Comment

hey kippu, indeed i think this is not about displacement and even about settings. I guess the problem is about number of faces, because its only i delete some plants and it can be rendered, but i need plants and i dont know more what to do to handle with this situation. I've readed in another post somebody who told that there is a variable at window.ini who could make windows work better with big softwares, but i search there and didnt find nothing. If someone know more solutions about this i would appreciate.
                    natal - brazil

Comment

you can read this one.
                      http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=5366

How many subdivs do you use ?
                      Try to refine your mesh around your point of view.

It's useless to refine faces as large as /16subpixel far from your camera...[/url]

Comment

Working...
                      X