Irradience Maps and Color Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irradience Maps and Color Changes

I am toying with an animated exterior scene. I am using a dome and sky texture (not HDRI). Animamating the sky texture from day to night. Also animating the lights. Do I have to re-calculate the irradience map at every frame, or is there another way? Id like to finish the render this year lol.

Thanks for your input

daylight changes obviously changes the whole light setup, shadows, light intesity, color.
    You dont need to recaulculate it actually, but then might be much faster to post work. Make an animation of the background day to night.
    Render the image without the background or with doesnt matter, just save to a separate layer. And then in some other program you clould put the exterior above the animation, and also you might be able to change maybe some brightness/coloring of it, but not shadows ect. So it could either look good and bad.

THe other way is that you make just a few of them, like one for early morning, monrning, lucnh time, early afternoon, etc, and then make an animation in other program that just fade into the other phase of day, and in the backround the whole morning to night background animation goes.

This surly look better than the above.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X